Make it Monday - Vintage Kids Clothing

There is something about home made kids clothing. Maybe it's knowing that you made it with your own two hands, or maybe it's that you won't see another child wearing it. For me every aspect of sewing for my two kids is a good time, and if I've managed to recycle some vintage fabric then, well that's even better. 

This week on Make it Monday I thought I'd show you all some vintage inspired kids clothing ideas. Whether it's a party dress for a special occasion like the Sound of Music dress I made Jemima recently, or something for every day, sewing for kids is just plain fun.

Here are my favourites of the week:


If you like making kids clothing you will love indietutes. I recently discovered this blog and I can't wait to try out some of the patterns and tutorials. This peasant blouse is the perfect thing to make out of a vintage cot sheet or table cloth don't you think? 


One of the best things the Internet has given us crafty mums is PDF patterns. I first tried one a few weeks ago and I haven't looked back. I have a good sized paper pattern stash collected from my op shopping trips but it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for, and in the right size. I love this boys waistcoat from Anthea Christian of AngelLeaDesigns available on Etsy.com.


For really beautiful vintage inspired patterns have a look at the gorgeous things on offer at snazziedrawers. This pattern design business offers quirky, stylish, and one of a kind children's clothing patterns along with patterns for accessories like these cute fabric flowers:


If you love to sew and you have a little girl in your life, this could be your new favourite place to visit!

And lastly, there is this beautiful vintage 'Holiday Dress' from Simple Simon & Company including a full tutorial. 


If you're new to a sewing machine have a look at Remaking Kids Clothing where you'll learn how to use a tshirt or vest top for the complicated bodice bit, and a length of a fabric for the skirt. Or start with a plain kids tshirt and a doily or piece of linen like this Doily Tshirt that I made Jemima last year.

If you have a blog submission that you would like to see here on Make it Monday just send me an email to mybornagaincreations@gmail.com with a link to your post and a brief description.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...