Lately....

One of the things I find the most fun when it comes to sewing, is reusing vintage fabrics and turning them into something entirely different. A few weeks ago I came across a kids sheet set with a Superman print from 1979. I snapped it up and have been thinking of how I could rework it into something fun for my son Ben.

A few years ago I made and sold kids jeans reworked from an adult size pair of vintage jeans and I decided to use that concept again here. Vintage denim is soft and worn in, and it's normally much better quality than the denim you can buy off the roll.

So here they are, Ben's KAPOW! jeans.


And since I've recently opened a store through my Facebook page I'm adding these little babies to the shop. 

They are:
Custom made KAPOW! jeans in sizes 12 months - 5 years made from vintage Superman fabric and recycled denim. To order please email me on mybornagaincreations@gmail.com or see the 




And while I was sewing I made a few more of my cushion covers using vintage tea towels. Most of these have a side zipper so the cushion can be used on both sides. More items are added to the store every few days so make sure you 'like' the page and check back.


South Otago New Zealand cushion made from vintage tea towel.


Floral cushion made from 100% cotton vintage tea towel.


Australian Crocs cushion made from 100% linen vintage tea towel.
(Sold)

And lastly, this great Tote Bag made from 1960s floral fabric and lined with a orange and cream geometric print:






To order please see the born again creations store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...