39. Family Values on Scrabble Board


For a while now I've been on the look out for an old Scrabble board game with wooden tiles. I've seen lots of craft ideas using them from jewellery to coasters, but what I had in mind was a little different. Around 3 weeks ago my husband spotted one at a Blue Mountains Salvation Army store for $4 - exciting! There's nothing like finally finding that elusive item on your op shop wish list.

That night once the kids were in bed we got to brain storming about our family, our children, who we are, and who we want to be. We wrote down all of the words that fit us as a family then there was the fun part - trying to get them all onto our Scrabble board using the tiles we had. Once we had it right, we took some photographs before putting it away in a box ready for the moving truck.


Last weekend a sufficient number of boxes were unpacked to allow me to revisit my Scrabble project without feeling too guilty. Here's what I came up with:









3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! I love it as a piece of art, but even more for how you have personalised it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, it was fun to do! We have it in our foyer area so we see it when we walk in the house. Jemima loves reading it and it's a good reminder for me too - the word 'patient' often jumps out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art work! love the way you perfectly personalized it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...