34. Home Made Gifts

It was my lovely sister's birthday yesterday and a few weeks ago I set myself the challenge of handmaking her present.  There are so many great craft websites these days that inspiration is easily found.  One of my favourites is Craftgawker where you can find all sorts of fun things to make at home.

After an evening browsing the Internet and bookmarking pages I found a few craft projects that I thought my sis would like. Here's how I got on.

Headbands with Felt





I saw a similar idea to these headbands on Craftgawker. They're really easy and quick to make.  All you need is a plain headband or a piece of elastic cut to size with the ends sewn together. Then choose your design and hand stitch it on using embroidery thread and a large needle, or you could use a sewing machine if you prefer.  The top headband has felt circles that are cut in towards the centre to make little flowers. The second one has three overlapping felt leaves.

Hair Combs




All you need is two plain combs and some different coloured embroidery thread. Start at one end and wind it around the edge then secure the thread at the end put weaving it back through with a darning needle.

Beads 




My two kids made these clay beads using Fimo oven bake clay for their Aunty.  All of their playdough rolling skills came into play as they made lots of little balls for the beads. We thread them onto some bamboo skewers before baking them in the oven. When they're cool pull them off the bamboo and you have yourself some beads! They really loved making this necklace themselves and were very keen to show their Aunty their favourite bead.

Gold Leaf Brooch




I made this brooch from some gold Fimo clay. I rolled it very thin then pressed a leaf into it before cutting it out.  Before baking it I secured a safety pin to the back with another small piece of Fimo.

Hope you're having a good week - happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...