21. Fabric Prints using Lace Paper


I was strolling around a craft store the other day when I spotted some adhesive lace paper in the scrapbooking aisle. I thought they'd be perfect for some easy DIY fabric prints and this afternoon I decided to try it out on a top I bought for my almost 7 year old daughter.

Cost: $5 - $10
Time: 30 minutes plus drying time.

Materials:


T-shirt, jumper, cushion cover or other fabric. I chose a sweatshirt top that was on special at Kmart for $5.

Fabric paint or enamel paint (I've used white enamel house paint for fabric painting in the past and it's worked well)

Paintbrush

1 sheet adhesive lace paper - mine was $3.95 from Lincraft and will do 2 - 3 projects.

1 image printed or photocopied.



Here we go...
Print out a simple silhouette image from your computer and cut out the shape. Make sure you measure your top to see how big you want the image to be and resize it if necessary.
I used this rabbit picture:

I decided that I wanted the rabbit to be facing the other way so I reversed the image in Word before printing.

Place your image on the lace paper and trace around it. I stuck my rabbit down with some blobs of blu-tac to keep it from moving around.


Cut out the shape from the lace paper.


Measure across your top and place the cut out lace paper shape where you want it to be.  Peel off the paper backing and stick the shape down.




Put some newspaper inside the top so that any paint that seeps through won't stain the back.

Using a paintbrush carefully dab paint over the shape, making sure that you get all of the holes.

Carefully peel off the lace paper.

Wait till it's dry and you're done!

4 comments:

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...